Step 4: Starting the analysis
Once the data is linked and de-identified, and the researchers are trained, they can access the data in a secure environment in one of the Administrative Data Research Centres. There are four Centres, one for each country in the UK, and each has a number of secure environments across the country.
The Network's secure environments are located at:
- For England:
- University of Southampton (7 seats)
- University College London (11 seats)
- Office for National Statistics in Titchfield (4 seats), Newport (4 seats) and London (10 seats)
- For Northern Ireland:
- Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency in Belfast (7 seats)
- For Scotland:
- University of Edinburgh
- For Wales:
- Swansea University (5 seats)
- Cardiff University (4 seats)
The researcher can now carry out their research according to the terms and conditions set by the Network and the data custodians. The staff at the Administrative Data Research Centres can assist if needed.