Administrative Data Service
The Administrative Data Service coordinates the Network.
We are the first point of contact for researchers who want to use administrative data.
- help researchers prepare their projects for assessment by the Approvals Panel
- process all applications and provide project support
- train researchers to use administrative data safely, legally and responsibly
- negotiate with data custodians, such as government departments and agencies, for access to administrative data
- coordinate Network policies and protocols
- advise the Network on legal and regulatory matters
The Service also coordinates the Network’s communications and public engagement. We want the public to support the use of administrative data for research, so we aim to make sure our communications:
- assure the public about standards of data security to protect privacy
- inform the public about the social benefits of this type of research
We are based at the University of Essex, with partners at the Universities of Manchester, Oxford, the West of England, and Edinburgh.