The Administrative Data Research Centre Wales (ADRC Wales) is led by Professor David Ford at Swansea University in partnership with Cardiff University.
The Centre brings together a strong team of economic and social science researchers from across Wales, and leading data scientists with strengths in privacy protection, information governance and data technology platforms.
ADRC Wales also draws upon a network of expertise via its links with the following research institutes:
- Wales Institute of Social & Economic Research, Data & Methods (WISERD)
- Swansea’s Research Centre for Criminal Justice and Criminology
- the Centre for Improvement in Population Health through E-records Research (CIPHER)
- the Universities’ Police Science Institute
- Cardiff Centre for Crime, Law and Justice
- the Centre for the Development and Evaluation of Complex Interventions for Public Health Improvement (DECIPHer)
- the Older People and Ageing R&D Network in Wales
- Swansea Research Institute for Applied Social Sciences
ADRC Wales builds on existing expertise and an acknowledged reputation for the safe and trustworthy use of complex social data to create a Centre that uses cutting-edge technology to efficiently link and analyse de-identified administrative data that has the ability to inform social, economic and health related research in the UK.
The Centre will be the focal point for data-related social research in Wales and a major player in UK-wide efforts to transform research and policy environments.